Navigation and Safety Class: Planning for a Safe Trip
Hiking on trails is a lot of fun but getting lost is not! Join us and pick up a few basic navigation and backcountry skills that might help you stay on track during your spring and summer adventures!
This class will cover the following:
- Introduction to reading a map and compass
- Pre trip planning for a hike
- What to bring in case of emergency
- Brief description of GPS function
- 10 essentials
- The best mountain weather web sites
Space is limited, please arrive early.
Each attendee gets to take home a Green Trails Map!
June 12, 7:00pm
7500 166th Ave. N.E.
Redmond, WA 98052